Many of the 50 states have regulatory agencies that oversee private postsecondary schools, colleges, and universities. In California, for example, most private postsecondary schools must be approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE). Other state authorization agencies include New York’s Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision (BPSS), the Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE), the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV), and the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC). State authorization (approval to operate) is generally a prerequisite to an academic institution’s applying for regional, national, or programmatic accreditation and, ultimately, becoming eligible to participate in Title IV financial aid programs.

The Tri-Logos consulting team can guide you through the process of getting your academic institution approved to operate by your local state-authorization board. Our services include:

• Guidance through the application process
• Staff training
• Required document creation
• Formulating required policies & procedures
• Required exhibit review
• Curricula review

The penalties for operating out-of-compliance (unauthorized) schools can be severe: If you need help getting your school, college, or university state authorized, contact us today:

Comments are closed.